The below documents are great resources for learning Go. Bookmark these links and consult them frequently as you learn the language!
- A Tour of Go. A brief introduction to the Go programming language.
- Effective Go. Probably the resource you’ll consult most frequently as you learn Go.
- Go FAQ. A list of common questions and answers about the Go programming language. Another great resource for beginners.
- Go Programming Language Specification. The reference manual for the Go programming language. Consult this document if you are confused about technical aspects of the language (i.e. syntax, scopes of variables, etc.).
Here are some additional recommended resources that are also worth reading/consulting:
- Go at Google. A great article that discusses the design goals of the Go programming language. Highly recommended if you are interested in programming languages and/or software engineering (especially sections 10-17)!
- Go Playground. Write Go code directly in your browser!
- Go Documentation. Even more resources and documentation to help you learn Go!
- Go Talks. A bunch of Go talks given over the years (slides and videos).
- Go Blog. The official Go Programming Language blog. Check out the index of all articles posted on the blog. The articles Go slices: usage and internals and Go maps in action are both highly recommended.
- An Introduction to Programming in Go. A book about programming in Go that is available online for free.